My New Year’s resolution was to try one new wine per week for the entire year. While some (my boyfriend) doesn’t think this is a REAL resolution, others seem to support this goal. So, with this encouragement (and a love for wine) every week I will post my opinions on the wine I choose.
- I’m not a wine connoisseur – I just like wine. What I post will be in real-people terms and will be my personal opinions. If you disagree, good for you. You like what you like and I like what I like.
- I prefer reds (the kick-you-in-the-back-of-the-throat, bold ones) to white wines – but since the purpose of this resolution is to expand my wine experience, I’ll try all kinds and post my honest opinions.
- I drink cold whites and chilled reds (I don’t like reds at room temperature).
- I will let you know if I decant a wine or if it’s straight from the bottle as this will make a difference in its taste.
- I will drink white wine from a white wine glass and reds from a red wine glass; I don’t have wine-specific glasses. Plus, my wine doesn’t seem to stay in the glass too long anyway, so what’s the point in spending the extra money for special glasses?
I hope you enjoy my posts and potentially find a wine that you like based on my resolution. I welcome your comments and suggestions.